Mar 18, 2009

"Where's your butthole?" "Let me find it!"

I have been very, emotionally exhausted. I want to write about it, but it's not over yet and I have this disease where I can't write/deal with/talk about stuff until it's over. I can't remove myself enough until the situation is done with and therefore I live in these extreme states of blissful ignorance and dramatic emotion. The two battle with each other and break out in spurts with no warning or flashing lights saying "Beware: She's about to switch!" It's rather annoying, I'm sure. Anyway. I'm sure I'll write about it sometime in the next two weeks.

In the mean time, I'm sitting here watching HGTV (because I am a BIG OL' DORK) and dreaming about the day I will own a house and what I will do with that house. Since I am bound to be an apartment dweller for several years more, I console myself with The Sims. Of course, I use the cheat code to give me millions and millions of Sim dollars. I know I shouldn't do that, because ultimately, I'm setting myself up for disappointment in real life. But hey, that's what video games are for, right?

The Girlfriend lives under a rock (also known as OUTDOOR SYNDROME, TYPE B (BOY), this crazy syndrome that involves actually doing things, like outside, with bugs and dirt and vehicles the occasional video game obsession, and therefore having no idea about the internetz or computers or having friends that you have never met and loving them dearly... and she thinks I'M crazy), and had never heard of The Sims. I was more than happy to show her the joy of building outlandishly lavish homes with swimming pools that extend from the inside of your kitchen to the front of your house. I showed her the different wall colors and hair colors and the party room and the jacuzzi on my character's second-floor deck. I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm crazy. I can't wait to show her how to kill the sims that annoy you. Build a shed, make them go in, and remove the door. Voila!

The Girlfriend is at her best friend's house dog-sitting. Her friend has the cutest dogs in the world, these two small animals, one that is a serial barker. I would love to be there, but alas, I am allergic. Poor Emily is only allowed to have fish.

I had an irritating thing happen at work today, and I don't want to write about work, ever. But, why do people insist on getting upset about things that are completely absurd? Things I can't control? Why? Why? It's like going to a car dealership and bitching that the car you like has the wrong-colored seat belts. How can the salesman help with that? Maybe they can, I don't know anything about car dealerships. But still. It soured my day a little. I love my job and do my absolute best to make sure that people leave me a little more happy than they came. I know how much it can fuck my day up when I encounter someone unpleasant, so I do my VERY best to make sure that that never happens with me. I hope that the lady who flipped out was having a bad day, or something, because she really challenged ym belief in humanity. I also hope she left and felt like a huge asshole.

Today Emily beat me in Princess Memory.

2 comments:

  1. 1) working retail is the #1 best way to hate people (driving is #2, in my opinion)
    2) i like to put a stove in my Sims shed and make them try to cook something. it's a lot faster than watching them stomp around all confused and desperate for days on end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: #1 I agree that it's up there, but that the absolute best way is to spend too much time with married, childless Mormons.

    re: #2 It certainly is fun.

    ReplyDelete