Mar 11, 2009

The Joys of Parenting

So I'm sitting at work and the phone rings. I see that it's the daycare calling me. I sigh and pick up the phone. Hello?

The director informs me that Emily just shoved a bead up her nose. I forgot to ask where the hell she got a bead, but to make a long story short, Emily was able to blow the bead out. I ask to talk to Emily.

Me: Hi baby. Are you supposed to put things up your nose?

And she says: Well I don't know! I'm only three!

I love her. We'll be having a long talk tonight, a talk that will probably involve me lying to her (like when I told her that if you eat your boogers you'll grow a booger tree in your stomach and then you'll explode), which is something I totally support when it's being done appropriately (example: Emily didn't respond to me when I told her that eating boogers is yucky, or explained that it's not good t have one's finger in one's nose all day, but the SECOND I told her about a tree of boogers underneath her bellybutton, she stopped. Problem solved!), and then I really need to figure out a health insurance option for her before she sticks something in her nose that requires an ER visit or something.

Do you like ridiculously long run-on sentences? Because I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment