Mar 5, 2009

Gotta Love Kids.

So I had to go to the dentist today because my mouth is all fuckered up ( I have gorgeous, straight teeth and gums that are very much in pain, all the time. I also had a filling fall out in one of my molars, and it's become a problem. The pain has finally outweighed the lack of dental insurance.) It turns out I'm in an early stage of the irreversible type of gum disease. Yay!

Anyway. So I've missed Emily like whoa all day and the dentist appointment made me even later to pick Emily up from daycare. I was so excited to just see her and to dig my nose in to her neck and hug her. I go in to her classroom and see her and run to her and swing her up in my arms and she says "I'M GOING TO AUNTIE'S!" I say, yeah baby, tomorrow. How are you?

Instead of answering me and being happy, she thrusts her lower lip out and pouts and says, "well I don't WANT TO GO tomorrow I want to go TODAY and I want my AUNTIE, NOT YOU."

She's sleeping over at my friend Natalie's house tomorrow night so I can go out for The Girlfriend's birthday.

And there went my excitement. And I know I shouldn't be hurt, because she's three. But if I'm being honest, I was a little. I love that Emily has people that matter, and her Auntie Nat is at the top of the list. But I'm not sure I'm ready to not be her favorite anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment