Apr 5, 2009

In Which I Discuss Annoyances, Bullet Style

Because so much has happened, here is my bullet list summary.

Annoying:

- Doctors that talk to everyone else in the room because apparently, I'm young-looking, or something.
- People that try to butt their nose in business that is NOT THEIR BUSINESS.
- People that expect me to be anyone but who I am: opinionated, blunt, fiercely protective.
- Heat that goes upstairs and makes the floor downstairs absolutely freezing.
- Socks. I hate socks. A lot.
- Three-year-olds that whine more than they speak.
- Three-year-olds that cannot leave their excema skin alone. Because really, SCRATCHING DOES NOT MAKE IT BETTER.
- Three-year-olds that scream "YOU'RE NOT MY BEST FRIEND!" Like that makes any difference to me because, um, hello? I'M YOUR MOTHER.
- Landlords that don't get shit done on time.
- Faulty toilets.
- Deposits on utility bills.
- Cord covers that don't stay in the wall and make your wall flake away.
- Being poor.
- The wind.


Things That Make It All Better:

- Having those who love me despite my shortfalls.
- Someone who loves me beCAUSE I am who I am, and because I don't apologize for it.
- Three-year-olds that give you kisses and say "I love you more than all the books."
- Landlords that invite you over for home-made enchiladas to make up for all of the littler shitty things going on.
- Nurses that understand that doctors can be douche-bags, that go out of their way to mkae sure you understand what it going on and what the plan is.
- Friends that invite you over for dinner when you really need a break.
- Meeting internet friends.
- All the laughter involved with unpacking two apartments into one, and making it a home.
- Amazing support groups that aren't going to let your mom ever feel hopeless.
- Funny cable man that sees two women kissing on our wall and tells us "You guys seem pretty cool. Let me get you a credit on something, ok?"
- Three-year-olds who twine their fingers around yours and say you're the prettiest mommy in the world.
- Bosses who understand life and give you a hug instead of a lecture for missing work.
- Good purses. Yes. I look at my purses that I love and the sun shines just a little brighter.
- Having some perspective given to me.



More later. I know, I know, I keep saying that. But I mean it. We are about 70% unpacked. Which is pretty damned good.

No comments:

Post a Comment