Jun 3, 2009

So In My Defense

I know I haven't updated. And the problem is the sunburn. On Saturday I got this crazy idea, this theory that I wanted to Get A Tan. So I applied spf 4 tanning lotion, the stuff The Girlfriend uses and laid out. For hours. When I got bored of laying out, I played with Emily. We played in the sand and the sun for hours. Then I would go back to reading. Finally, finally, I felt my shoulders get a little hot. So I let The Girlfriend put some spf 15 on them.

Well, I woke up with the entire backside of my body covered in horrendous burns. I was dizzy, nauseous, and found that my body couldn't find a temperature of comfort. Of course, on Sunday, we had to tear down camp. I helped. I cleaned out the tent.

Anyway, I got home with this sunburn from the devil and was still sick to my stomach. Mild case of sun poisoning? Some people will say that doesn't exist, and I have to give credit to that opinion. But I'm going to go ahead and use the term because it best fits what I felt like: that too much constant exposure had poisoned my body.

So. Monday was horrendous. I cried in the shower, I was at work trying not to move, (and I don't exactly work in an environment where that is possible), and I came home and didn't move from the couch.

Yesterday was better. Instead of every inch of my skin screaming, only my shoulders, lower back, butt and backs of my knees were screaming. And of course I helped my butt by falling down my stairs yesterday morning, so now a bruise is pretty likely to appear. (and let me tell you, rug burn doesn't exactly soothe a sunburn. yeah.)

So today, I woke up and I'm still sore (shoulders and backs of knees). But the soreness I can handle. I was able to take a shower without crying, I'm sitting here in my chair not in pain because of it, and blog, I have missed you these last couple days.

Tonight I will tell of our lake trip, Emily's first one. It may come in parts, as I have to keep shifting my butt, but it will begin tonight. With pictures!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment