Jan 3, 2011

3/365


Today we met at Barnes & Noble with the little boy I watch (from here on out, Ninja) and his Mom. Ninja, aged twenty months, is into everything of course. Emmy, almost five and ever the princess, was calm while I looked around and then asked if she could go play with the trains.

I always see pictures of children on the internet that are dressed with whimsy and envy the parents whose children have such creativity. While in my heart I am a dressed up woman, we are jeans and t-shirt people. I took this today and realized that Emmy is NOT a jeans and t-shirt girl. While the majority of her clothes are one or the other, she is an ACCESSORIES girl. In this picture you cannot see her snowman pin with dangly legs, her several bracelets or the carefully chosen necklace from one Aunt Gigi.

Emily knows what she's doing. She asked me today, "Mama, can you not look so boring? I'm fancy and I want you to wear your fancy coat."

No comments:

Post a Comment