Nov 22, 2009

Stupak is Stupid.

I'm doing homework and so have very little time to update at the moment. However, I think that it is imperative that all US citizens read the Stupak Amendment, which has been conveniently tucked into the Health Care bill that is currently being debated.

Someday I will have more time to write about politics! As for right now, I'm scared of the country that my daughter will grow up, the country that I want to contribute to as a teacher and the country that I really believe in. Believed. I'm not sure which tense to use.

Scary shit.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't read it very well because I'm doing like 100 things at once, but isn't it just saying that abortions wouldn't be covered by federally funded healthcare and that you could get a separate insurance that covers it or pay for it yourself? And that they will cover abortions in the case of rape, incest, or in cases where the mother's life is in danger? Did I miss something? That doesn't seem so scary to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny that the rest of the world looks up at America and wonders at the sheer power of the impression that the word USA gives.
    I've always respected it for the way it can manage to stand together despite its cultural, religious and linguistic diversity.

    But living there might be different. There's always a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a kind and generous soul, taking care of the people in all of our lives, and for that I thank you.

    And also you have very nice blog!

    Have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete